Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sundays are for Sleeping In! Not! Sunday Egg Bake and BBQ Pizza

We are off to a great start for Easter vacation. My first Sunday off and I wanted to sleep in. Around 7 I find my 5 year old crawling over me and making her way into the living room. She turned on the T.V. and was watching some cartoon. I then proceeded to drag myself out of bed. There would be no sleeping in for me! My hubby hadn't come home from work yet so I decided to throw together a egg bake for breakfast.


9 eggs
1/2 of Jimmy Dean sausage log
3/4 c milk
8 oz cheese (I used Swiss and Cheddar)
1/2 bag hash browns or potatoes O' Brien
PAM

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown the sausage and break into chunks.  In a 9x13 baking dish spray some PAM and scatter one half bag of hash browns on bottom of the dish. Spray the potatoes with PAM and bake for 15 minutes. While that is baking stir 3/4 c. milk into 9 beaten eggs. Remove hash browns form oven. First lay the sausage over the potatoes and then the cheese. Pour the eggs over the sausage. Bake and start checking for doneness at the 45 minute mark. You are looking for the eggs to be set. This is a recipe you can make the night before and put in the fridge. Just allow 15 extra minutes because the ingredients will be cold.
Dinner tonight was semi-homemade BBQ chicken pizza. It is very easy to make and one of our favorites.
Pillsbury thin pizza crust
BBQ sauce (We love Sweet Baby Rays)
2 chicken breasts grilled
veggies of your choice (I had green pepper on hand)
2 TBSP olive oil

Heat oven to 400 as per container directions. Pour the 2 TBSP of olive oil on the cookie sheet. Spread out pizza crust stretching it to the ends of the pan. Cut veggies into small pieces. Cut chicken on a bias and cover with 2 TBSPS of BBQ sauce. Pour 1/4 c BBQ sauce over pizza crust. Add veggies of your choice and bake for 10 minutes or until dough is brown and cooked. Enjoy! Feeds a family of 4.



No comments:

Post a Comment