Thursday, April 7, 2011

Shrimp with Gnocchi and Asparagus

Last night I was supposed to make the Asian Spicy Noodles however, when I got home I had very little time. We were going to go clothes shopping for my oldest. I decided on Shrimp and Gnocchi instead. Earlier in the day I cut about a lb. of asparagus into smaller pieces and defrosted some ready cooked shrimp in a bowl of cold water in the fridge. I told my hubby to have some water boiling when I got home. The recipe came together in a matter of minutes. I made it semi-homemade. The recipe I saw called for making your own pesto. I just didn't have the time. I love the pesto and will be using it later on this week to make pesto baked chicken.

1/2 bag of 61-70 count ready cooked shrimp defrosted
1 lb of asparagus cut into 1 inch sections
1-2 boxes of ready made gnocchi
3 TBS. Classico pesto
1 tsp salt
1 TBSP EVOO

Into the boiling water salted with 1 tsp of water place the asparagus pieces and blanche for 2-3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and place to the side. I didn't put them in a ice bath because I wanted them to cook through a bit more. In the boiling water add the gnochhi. We used one box but I think I may use two the next time. They are pre-cooked so they are done within 3-5 minutes. Remove from boiling water and in a frying pan heat 1 TBSP of EVOO. Begin to brown the shrimp. Since they are ready cooked you only need to do this for a minute each side. Add the asparagus and gnocchi. Lastly add the pesto and give everything a big stir and serve. It serves 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment