Monday, April 11, 2011

Easy is Sometimes Better

I remember seeing this on Giada on the foodnetwork a few years back but when I searched her recipes I couldn't find it. It's for a easy dessert involving Nutella and wonton wrappers. I made this from memory. I had egg roll wrappers from when I made peanut butter egg rolls. They keep in the fridge for a long time as long as you keep them sealed in a plastic bag. If using the egg roll wrappers divide each one into four squares. I used the rest of the left over peanut oil from Thanksgiving to fry these up. Later on in the night I also made fried mozzarella in egg roll wrappers for my daughter and I.

1/2 c Nutella chocolate hazelnut spread
1 pack of wonton wrappers or egg roll wrappers
peanut oil for frying or canola oil about 3 inches
powdered sugar for topping
1 egg and a drop of water for egg wash
paper towels and paper plates for draining
slotted spoon

It is very easy to put together. If using egg roll wrappers divide into four squares using a pizza cutter. In the middle spoon one tsp. of the Nutella. Be sure not to get the Nutella near the edges or it won't seal. Place the egg wash around the corners.  Fold the square into a triangle sealing the edges with your fingers. Make as many as you like. Fry in the oil for about 1 minute each side. They fry very quickly. You are looking for a light golden brown. We had 4 per person. They are very rich. Drain on paper towels and top with powdered sugar. Let cool for about 3 minutes. The filling will be very hot. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment