Friday, April 22, 2011

Peppered BBQ Salmon and Dying of the Easter Eggs...

It was a busy day yesterday. We used our Groupon to have a sushi lunch and decided to dye Easter eggs.Wouldn't you know it both my girls were fighting over whom could color the most eggs? Some days it drives me crazy that they fight so much. My oldest daughter is going on 12 and the younger one is five. They have night and day personalities. The younger one is very talkative. She makes friends wherever she goes.

We had people come up to us on our Disney cruise. I had no idea who they were but they were asking about my daughter. The oldest is very thoughtful and quiet around people but very funny and loud when she is around her friends. So back to the eggs. Cassie, my oldest said it was 3 tsp of vinegar to the 1/2 cup of water. It was 3 TBSP. I found this out after piecing the instructions together.
Claire dying eggs. Cassie doesn't want to be in the picture

For dinner I wanted something that would be fast and delicious. I decided on BBQ peppered salmon fillets. Our store had a good deal on them $5.99 for the bag. I got 4 really nice pieces. I plan on going back to the store tomorrow to grab another bag and make some salmon burgers. Plus it's double double coupon day and I am getting at least 10 things for free or close to free.


Here is the recipe.
BBQ Peppered Salmon Filets

Salmon fillets
2 TBSP orange juice
2 TBSP Hosin sauce (Asian BBQ sauce)
2 TBSP Dijon mustard
2 TBSP honey
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp lemon juice

Set oven to 425 degrees. Make sure fillets are defrosted. Spread 1/2 of the BBQ mixture on top of the salmon fillets. Bake for 17-20 minutes or until fillets are firm to the touch. Basting with the remaining sauce at the half way mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment