Saturday, April 9, 2011

Pesto Chicken and Roasted Potato Wedges

I love the weekends! Not only is it a time to relax, but I have more time to cook. On these days I choose to use the oven rather than the crock pot. Today I made Pesto Chicken and potato wedges. I am all for making your own pesto however I had some Classico pesto from earlier in the week. I used it to make pesto gnochhi, shrimp and asparagus. http://tinkmomfoodie-foodobsession.blogspot.com/2011/04/shrimp-with-gnocchi-and-asparagus.html
Today I topped the chicken with the pesto and let it bake in the oven. The pesto is also awesome on boneless skinless chicken breasts in the oven. You may also use it for a whole chicken. Our store had chicken quarters on sale so that's what I made. I wish I would have separated them before I baked them. That added to the baking time a bit. My potatoes were done in about 50 minutes. You'll note there are no veggies on my plate. We do pass them around in a bowl so everyone can take what they want.
 Pesto Chicken
8 oz bottle of Classico Pesto
8 pieces of chicken of your choice I used thighs and drumsticks
salt and pepper

Potato Wedges
5 potatoes halved and cut into wedges
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp seasoning salt (I used Zatarains cajun seasoning)
2 TBSP of olive oil
salt and pepper

Heat oven to 350. Place potato wedges on a baking sheet drizzling the olive oil on top of the potatoes. Season potatoes with the next three ingredients. Put potatoes on top rack of oven. turn over and season with salt and pepper at 25 minutes.

Rinse and pat chicken dry with a paper towell. Place chicken in a baking dish. Top with pesto. At the half way mark top with more pesto. Bake for 50 minutes or until juices run clear and internal temp reaches 160 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment