Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Shopping Day and Menu for the Week

I once again went shopping before double coupon day. It is really killing me I couldn't double my coupons but it is my hubbys week on work so I have to go shopping when I can. I picked up some good deals today. They were clearing out the Mexican foods section. I picked up some lard  $1.27 normally over $5.00. Split peas (for the left over hambone on Easter) for under a buck, and a huge 4 lb bag of black beans for $1.45. I love black beans refried, in the crock pot, ontop of salads. I also might make a soup with them. I also plan on making some tamales on my week off in our turkey fryer outside.

Here is my plan for meals this week:
salad night with marinated grilled chicken (Sunday)
meatloaf muffins and a potato (last night)
steak and mushroom French Onion dip sandwiches
chicken tamale casserole with black beans
egg bake casserole for dinner
BBQ chicken pizza
taco salad bowls with ground beef

No comments:

Post a Comment