Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Easy Steak Sandwiches

This is a favorite around here. I wait for the sale on sandwich steak and make these delicious steak sandwiches. If you don't have sandwich steak you can use round steak. Usually I will purchase a twin loaf of french bread but I found these mini-hoggie rolls to use. You can also very the kind of cheese you use. I used Provolone. I added mushrooms but you can also add green pepper and onion if you like. I serve this with my French Onion Soup I can easily pull out of the freezer and microwave.
2 lbs sandwich steak or round steak
6 hoggie buns or a loaf of french bread
2 TBSP oil
salt and pepper
Provolone cheese
6 mushrooms sliced

This comes together very quickly. Cut the steak against the grain into 2 inch pieces. Oil a frying pan and throw the steak in for 3 minutes adding seasoning and giving it a stir. Add the mushrooms and cook for another 3 minutes. Serve in hoggie buns with the provolone cheese on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment