Sunday, April 10, 2011

Out of Pancake Batter? Make Your Own!

Sunday is our breakfast day. The one day of the week we aren't all rushing out the door and have time to enjoy each others company. My hubby is just coming home from working 3rd shift and I am barely out of bed. My oldest doesn't want to get out of bed but that is typical tween attitude. I made pancakes from scratch this morning. It's not as hard to do as I had thought.

Homemade Pancakes

1 1/2 c all purpose flour
3 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 TBSP sugar
1 1/4 c milk
1 egg
3 TBSP butter

Mix together the dry ingredients. Add the egg and butter into the dry ingredients.  Begin adding the milk and stir with a whisk. You may not need to use all the milk. If you have added too much milk add 2 TBSP of flour and stir. I use a large nonstick frying pan but you may also use a griddle. Since mine is non-stick I only have to add a TBSP of oil once and it will make all of the pancakes. You may also use Pam. I use a soup ladle to measure out the batter. It's approximately 1/4 cup. Look for a lot of bubbles to start popping on the top of the pancake and flip over. Cook the second side for 1-2 minutes. Makes 12 pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment