Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Singapore Noodles and Weekly Menu

I hadn't been shopping in about 2 weeks so I was running pretty low on just about everything. My grocery bill today was $125 with $45 in coupon savings. I needed to buy meat so my bill was a bit higher than it normally is. The weather for this week is finally nice so I plan to grill out a lot.

Here is what my menu is for the week;
Singapore Noodle Stir Fry
Shrimp Kabobs with couscous
homemade cheese fries
hot dogs and brats and coleslaw
cannoli
taco night
hamburgers and veggie burgers

The Singapore Noodle Stir Fry I found on my fellow Disboard members website. I am going to try it with shrimp. http://budgetbytes.blogspot.com/2010/09/singapore-noodles-840-recipe-140.html 
I thought it turned out pretty good. The tip she has about cutting the noodles in half really helps. I am not sure how much calorie wise I ate though. The package of noodles says 200 calories for a ounce of noodles. However, the noodles bulk up so you really don't know how much you are eating. I used shrimp as my protein. I had to tone down the sauce because my kids were eating it too. I added 1 tsp of the garlic chili paste and about 2 TBSP of soy sauce. This one is a keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment