Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Shopping Day and Mexican Pizzas for Dinner

I really didn't need much. My fridge and freezer are full so I only ended up spending under $50 at the grocery store today and saved $13 on coupons. There was some peanut butter on clearance that I am thinking about now that I didn't grab more. Oh well!  So I stil have some things I want to make that I haven't I've got a movie date night for free with my hubby from Groupon for the movie Thor and I am going to use my Body Shop Groupon Friday too.

Here is what I have planned food wise for the next week
mexican pizzas and Zatarains rice
Chicken tortilla soup (we love it around here!)
mole rubbed grilled pork chops
brats and hot dogs on the grill
curried chicken salad sandwiches with pecans and apple
shrimp fried rice

These taste just as good as Taco Bells but won't break your pocket book!

Mexican Pizzas
1 lb of ground beef browned and drained
1 pkg flour tortillas
1 can tomato sauce
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp chili powder
1 pinch cayane pepper
1 can black olives chopped
1 head lettuce choppped
2-3 Roma tomatoes chopped
1 can pinto beans
1/2 cup cheese
2 inches Canola oil

In a frying pan brown ground beef and season with the above seasonings for the sauce and salt and pepper.
In a sauce pan combine tomato sauce and all the seasonings and let combine on low. In a frying pan heat the oil. When shimmering add the tortillas. They will puff up so have a knife handy to let the air out. Fry each side for about 2 minutes til lightly browned. Remove and let drain on paper towels.


 After done frying the tortillas make an assembly line. Place about 2 TBSP of the pinto beans on the tortilla and spread out. Add 2 TBSP sauce. Top with ground beef and another tortilla. On the top layer add beans, sauce, and ground beef. Microwave for 2 minutes and add tomatoes, lettuce, cheese and black olives. Serve with your favorite rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment