Sunday, May 29, 2011

Mini Pizza Pockets for Dinner Saturday

Last night I was searching the fridge for something to make that wouldn't take much effort. I saw we had a Pillsbury thin pizza crust left and some pepperoni. A friend of mine on the Disboards.com suggested making pesto pepperoni  tortilla wraps and bake them. I used frozen speghetti sauce but you can use pizza sauce like Contadina. I also used Classico pesto sauce. I took the same idea and made mini pizza pockets. My oldest doesn't eat meat so I made hers with just Asiago cheese and sauce. Crimp the edges with a fork and poke a few holes in each top. The whole meal came together in a about 15 minutes. I suggest using an egg wash to get the tops of the mini pizza pockets more brown. I sprayed the tops with PAM.

Mini Pizza Pockets

1 thin sheet of Pillsbury pizza dough
Classico pesto sauce
pepperoni slices
veggies of your choice sauteed
pizza sauce or spaghetti sauce
feta cheese
Asiago cheese or mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 425 or per package instructions.
Lay the dough out on a pizza sheet sprayed with PAM. Cut the dough into 8 even pieces. Once down the middle and into 8 pieces. On each piece spread 2 TBSP of  pesto or spaghetti sauce. If using the pesto I added feta and pepperoni. In the others I added sauce and cheese.  Crimp the edges with a fork and use a egg wash for the top. Poke a few holes to let the steam escape. These cooked up in about 15 minutes. I served sauce to dip them in. Makes 2 pockets each total of 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment