Thursday, May 26, 2011

Crock Pot BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders

I love that I have a crock pot and can have meals waiting for me when I get home with very little prep work. Today I made BBQ pork sliders. They are very easy to make and are a a big hit during the summer in our house. I love to top them with some fresh slaw or pickles. I got some King Hawaiian rolls for free as part of a meal deal this week at my grocery store and I am using the remaining pork from the pork posole I made recently. You can usually find good deals on pork butt however, the sirloin was a better deal this past week.

Here is the easy recipe!



BBQ Pork Sliders in the Crock pot

1 pork butt or shoulder halved
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp garlic
1/2 onion diced
1 Ziploc crock pot insert (makes clean up super easy)
1/2 c water or apple juice
BBQ sauce of your choice (we love Sweet Baby Rays)
12 dinner rolls like Hawaiian King Bread

Inside the crockpot liner add the water or juice and then the roast and spread the cumin and garlic salt over it. Add the onion.  Cook on high for four hours or low for 8. Then with two forks shred the pork and add BBQ sauce over it. Give it a stir and let it sit in the crockpot to warm up about 5-10 minutes covered. Serve with slaw or pickles. Serving size is usually 3 dinner rolls per person.








No comments:

Post a Comment