Sunday, May 1, 2011

Corn Tortillas with Eggs and Sausage for Breakfast

I learned how to make this dish as a child. I would sleep over at my girlfriends house every weekend. Her father would make this delicious dish on Sundays. I have been making it ever since. It's a great use for left over tortillas and a great egg stretcher. Today I also made a half log of breakfast sausage. When I make Sawmill Gravy with Sausage I only use a half log. This was a great use for the other half.


Corn Tortilla's and Scrambled Eggs

10-15 corn tortillas ripped into 4-5 pieces each
5 eggs
1/4 c milk of your choice (I use Skim)
salt and pepper
PAM for the pan
Jimmy Dean Sausage half a log optional
1 TBSP butter

In a medium sized bowl place 5 eggs and scramble adding the 1/4 c milk. Rip the tortillas and add to the eggs. In a large frying pan spray with PAM and the butter. Once melted add the tortilla egg mixture moving the wet eggs to the outside of the pan. Spread out the tortillas so all the eggs cook. At this time brown the sausage in a separate pan.
When there are no longer any eggs on the sides of the pan, flip over the eggs and tortillas until the eggs are cooked. Serve with your favorite salsa.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting a quick easy breaky recipe. Now you've got me going off to Google Sawmill Gravy!

    ReplyDelete