Saturday, June 11, 2011

Thai-Peanut Butter-Chii Garlic Sauce for Singapore Noodles

I got this great recipe from a fellow Disboard.com chat member for Singapore noodles about 2 weeks back. We liked them so much I decided to make them again. This time I made a Thai-Peanut Butter Chili Garlic Sauce to go with it. http://tinkmomfoodie-foodobsession.blogspot.com/2011/05/singapore-noodles-and-weekly-menu.html

You can add whatever veggies you have on hand. Today I added bok choy, carrots, red pepper, and onion. I made a seperate portion for my vegetarian daughter and she didn't even stay home to eat them! The nerve!
You can also add any protein you like. I added boneless skinless chicken breast today.

The rice noodles are very inexpensive. One pack is $1.65 and feeds a family of four. I don't have a wok but used a large frying pan. Note: make the sauce on the side and pour over the noodles. I found the noodles clumped the other way.

Here is the sauce I made:

2/3 cup peanut butter
2 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp chili-garlic paste (more or less depending on your taste)
water or chicken stock to thin down

In a sauce pan add peanut butter, sesame oil, and garlic paste. Add a small amount of water or chicken stock to thin down. Stir until warmed. Add sauce over the noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment