Thursday, June 9, 2011

Pan Fried Pork Chops, Cheesy Baked Potato, and Green Beans

Originally I was going to make mac and cheese. This is my go to meal the second day with the cheesy sauce I made. I found some really nice looking boneless pork chops at the store on Wednesday and they have been calling my name ever since. I used the left over cheese sauce for the baked (microwaved) potatoes.
See yesterdays menu for the cheese sauce. It heats well on the stove the next day. You just have to have it on a low heat and stir it so it doesn't burn. Yes I am eating on a salad plate! That's a trick I learned from Weight Watchers a few years back. It only works well if you don't go back for seconds which is hard when you love pork chops lol!
My pork chops were about a 1/2 inch thick and boneless. I dredged them in flour first and then pan fried them.

Boneless Pork Chops

1 cup flour
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp paprika
1/2 inch olive oil or canola oil
4 1/2 inch thick boneless pork chops

Dredge the pork chops in the seasoned flour. The pan is ready when the oil begins to shimer. Add the pork chops. I cooked mine about 5-7 minutes per side. Internal temperature should be about 160 degrees and juices should be clear. Let rest for 3-5 minutes to let the juices go back into the meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment