Monday, June 20, 2011

Rhubarb Custard

I am not sure how I used to eat rhubarb straight off the plant when I was a kid. Maybe I was just really brave? This recipe is the perfect idea for not only bringing sweetness to the otherwise sour plant but a great companion for vanilla ice cream.
Rhubarb Custard

Note: I am sure you can substitute Splenda for all the sugar

custard

3 eggs beaten
1/2 cream or milk
1 1/2 sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla
4 TBSP flour
4 c rhubarb cut (I split it down the stalk into thirds)
PAM for the pan
topping

1/2 c sugar
1/2 c flour
1/2 c oatmeal
1/2 c butter cold
I used a 9x13 pan.
Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees. I a 9x13 pan spray PAM. Combine the eggs,cream, sugar, flour, and vanilla. Place the chopped rhubarb into the baking dish and pour the custard mixture over the rhubarb. Mix together and pour over the custard. Bake for 45 minutes or until the custard is set and the topping is browned. Serve with ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment