Thursday, June 16, 2011

BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches and Broccoli Slaw

Today was my first morning working at our day care camp and also the first day of summer vacation for our kids. There are a few new faces and a few I wish we didn't have to see but nevertheless they were there too lol! My new summer hours are 7-1 which means I will have part of my day free to enjoy and won't be in such a mad rush to make dinner.

I took both my daughters and their friend to the mall. I had a Groupon for eyebrow threading for my oldest. I knew that if I did it she would chicken out. And we also had two Groupons for Old Navy. One in my hubby's name and one in mine. Each of my kids were able to get $20.00 worth of summer clothes. Groupon is a coupon avalilble in most cities that if enough people buy you get the Groupon. http://www.groupon.com/r/uu1531594 It's a coupon on a variety of services like spa and restaurants.

Tonight I made BBQ pulled chicken sandwiches with a refreshing broccoli slaw. My hubby liked the slaw so much that he had seconds. Even when I told him it was made out of brocolli.

BBQ Pulled Chicken

3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts frozen
1/2 onion diced
BBQ sauce of your choice

Boil the chicken breasts in water with the diced onion and a dash of salt for 30-35 minutes until the chicken is no longer pink in the center. Remove from water. With two forks shred the chicken. Empty water from pan and place shredded chicken and BBQ sauce. Heat through  and serve on buns.

Broccoli Slaw

1 pkg broccoli slaw
5 TBSP light Miracle whip
2-3 TBSP sugar
1/4 tsp celery seed
salt and pepper

Add all of the above ingredients to a medium bowl. Mix and let sit in the refridgerator for a hour or over night. Serve ontop or on the side off the pulled chicken sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment