Thursday, June 30, 2011

Crock Pot Bourbon Chicken Wings and Weekly Menu

Finally we are getting some nice weather! That means I do not want to cook inside. I dragged out my trusty crock pot today and made these delicious Bourbon Chicken Wings over white rice.

I did my grocery shopping yesterday. Here is my menu for the next week or so.

Grilled chicken salads with avocado, tomatoes, black beans, and Romaine lettuce
Bourbon Chicken wings over white rice
Honey Peppered Salmon with cous cous
Tequila lemon lime chicken with a veggie and new potatoes

I know there is more but my mind escapes me right now.

Crock Pot Bourbon Chicken Wings

Note: Broil the chicken wings on a foil lined cookie sheet for about 20 minutes. It helps the chicken wings retain their shape in the crock pot.

3 lbs chicken wings (Defrosted if frozen)
1/3 c soy sauce
1/2 tsp ginger grated
3/4 tsp crushed red pepper
1/4 c apple juice
1/3 c brown sugar
2 TBSP ketchup
1 airline sized bottle of bourbon
1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp grated garlic or 2 cloves

Broil the wings on a cookie sheet coated with tin foil. (it makes for easier clean up) Remove wings from the oven and put into the crock pot. Mix together the sauce ingredients and pour over the chicken wings. Set for high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours. I turned the wings every few hours or so. Serve over white rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment