Saturday, June 18, 2011

Blue Cheese Steak Sauce and S'mores Brownies

Whenever meat is on sale at a good price I buy it. We are mainly a chicken family because we like the taste but occasionally we like a steak too! (let me rephrase that. All of us except for my vegetarian daughter!) This week they had beef tenderloin on sale. I was able to make two meals out of the tenderloin for the three of us.

Nothing goes better with steak than a good sauce! This week I made a blue cheese sauce to go under and over the steak. It's a good alternative to steak sauce. I also made some ooohy gooey s'mores in my twice used brownie pan. It's the one you see advertised on TV.

This morning we are headed off to the farmers market. I hope I can drag my daughter out of bed so she can pick out some veggies. Thursday I took my oldest for eyebrow threading via Groupon. That was an interesting experience! But it was much less painful than waxing. I know that for sure! I also used our Old Navy Groupons. Shopping with a tween is not fun! She informed me she doesn't like Old Navy but ended up getting a dress and some tank tops after fighting with me. Tween angnst stinks! I got 5 knit tank tops for my youngest.

Last night we had a Groupon dinner at a Italian restaurant. Our starter was huge breaded fried ravioli and the pizza was delicious too. http://www.groupon.com/r/uu1531594

Blue Cheese Sauce (Great for Chicken or Beef)

1 8oz container of crumbled blue cheese
2 TBSP white wine
1/4 c water
salt and pepper

Add water and wine to a sauce pan. Add blue cheese a little at a time. Stir with a whisk and combine the liquid and cheese. Keep stirring until the cheese melts and the sauce becomes less watery and reduces. Serve on top of steak or chicken.



S'mores Brownies

1 box Betty Crocker Supreme brownie mix
1 cup marshmellows
2-3 graham crackers broken
1/2 cup chocolate chips
PAM

Spray brownie pan with PAM. Make brownie mix as per package instructions. Remove from oven when done and turn on the broiler. Immediately pour the marshmellows and graham crackers over the brownies and place under the broiler for a minute until marshmellows are slightly melted. Top with chocolate chips.





No comments:

Post a Comment