Sunday, July 31, 2011

Busy Last Few Days

My husband works every other week. On his weeks off we try to pack as many things in as possible. On Thursday I had plans to go with my girlfriend on a scenic boat ride around Milwaukee but she cancelled on me and I was forced to take my hubby instead lol! Did I mention it was using Groupons most of the week?
Groupons are a discounted coupon available in most areas. http://www.groupon.com/r/uu1531594

Our next Groupon stop was John Hawk's Pub in downtown Milwaukee. I was unimpressed. We sat inside or attempted to. We didn't know where to go and there was no one inside. Finally a hostess told us to go wait out in the waiting room. I am not sure why? We waited a few minutes and were seated only to wait about 10 more minutes for someone to wait on us. The service was incredibly slow. The food was so so. Not somewhere I want to eat again.
Friday I had off work. It was another fully packed day. We had ressies to get my daughter's pics taken at hte Picture People with yes, another Groupon. Beforehand we stopped to use a Groupon at Takera Sushi restaurant. We got there a bit before 4:30PM and didn't realize they weren't open yet.

We had some time to kill and I realized I hadn't cut my daughter's finger nails. There was a salon right there named Polished. I came in an the male receptionist was outside and said he would be right with me. I asked if someone could cut my daughter's fingernails and he said "No. We are all booked." This is literally something that would have taken them 2 minutes to do but since the receptionist was so rude I will never go back again. He literally could have handed me a clippers and I would have done it myself.

Finally our restaruant was open and I didn't take my camera lol! The food was very good. My oldest daughter and her friend had the shrimp tempura. Thankfully it was on the kids menu because the adult price was $18.00. My hubby had the chicken terriyaki. And I had the sushi plate with an eel and avocado roll and some pieces of Naguri.

We got to the mall around 5:30PM and checked in with the Picture People. Luckily they had two cancellations! We were able to get in right away and didn't have to wait for our pictures. This was another awesome Groupon deal.
After dinner we headed to use our last Groupon. It was at Cold Spoons Gelato. We had gone to use this Groupon previously but they were not open. I chose a Snickers flavor and Salted Caramel flavor. Both were delicious. My youngest tried the Smurfberry.

All in all it was a fun last few days. Back to the grind tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment