Monday, July 18, 2011

This Week is All About Quick Meals...Black Bean, Chicken, Avocado, Quesadillas

OMG! Wisconsin as much of the rest of the U.S. is going through a heat wave. I work in a public school building that doesn't have air conditioning. I brought my daughter with me to work today and she quickly became ill. I ended up going home from work early and threw her right in the shower. I really don't want to go back there! Besides that  I really hate to see my electric bill this month! I have had the air running for 24 hours straight!

The theme of the week is spending less time in the kitchen and more time in front of the A/C! Last night I threw together some Black Bean, Chicken, and Avocado Quesidillas. The black beans I defrosted from my freezer and I still had a half a head of lettuce left from our turkey B.L.T. night. Avocado's are something I enjoy. In fact I ate a avocado and mayo on toast sandwich today for lunch. Dinner today is crock pot pork tenderloin with gravy and mashed potatoes.

Here is the recipe:

Black Bean, Chicken, and Avocado Quesadillas


1 pk flour tortillas
2 chicken breasts (boneless skinless)then cubed
1 whole avocado cut into slices
1 can black beans (if using canned drain and rinse)
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp garlic salt
sour cream
1/2 head lettuce chopped
1 cup shredded cheese
salsa (optional)
a egg pan
PAM
and a ceramic plate

In a medium sized frying pan add the EVOO and chicken. Brown until no longer pink. Season with the garlic salt and cumin. In a omelet sized pan spray the bottom with PAM. Add one of the tortillas. Place a handful of cheese on the bottom. Next add the chopped lettuce, chicken, black beans, and cheese. Lay a tortilla on top. Let brown on a medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Flip by covering with a plate and inverting it. Brown the other side of the quesadilla. Serve with salsa and sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment