Friday, July 8, 2011

Summerfest, Katy Perry, and My Favorite Indulgence


Thursday was a busy day! My girlfriend and I went to the Katy Perry concert at the Marcus Amphitheater. The Amphitheater is on the grounds of the worlds largest music festival Summerfest. It's been around for more than 40 years. Even though there are hundreds of food vendors there, there is something I have to have every time I go to Summerfest. It's the Venice Beach Clubs' fried eggplant strips with marinara. We even went the extra yard and added deep fried mushrooms and cauliflower.
Our next stop was to Jo Jo's Martini Bar. The martinis have downsized in the last few years but they have a great taste. At $10 a pop I only had one!
And to cap off the night we saw the Katy Perry concert. My friend and I almost like it better than the Ga ga Monsters Ball show. It was a perfect ending to a perfect day. We were lucky to see her because she had the stomach flu and ended up cancelling her next two shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment