Thursday, July 14, 2011

Balsamic Glazed Pork Medallions

The name sounds fancy but this dish is really easy to make. I am all about meals that are to the table quick. Who wants to cook for hours in this heat? Not me! I found this one on myrecipes.com. This would taste awesome on chicken too!

I feel so drained! I can't wait for the weekend. We have this thing called South Shore Frolic. It's a festival by our beautiful Lake Michigan and has the best fireworks. On Saturday we are having our block party. Well one more day of work to go anyhoo lol!
Balsamic Glazed Pork Medallions

Reduction
1 TBSP shallots minced
1 garlic clove minced
1 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tsp rosemary
1 tsp Dijon
1 1/2 tsp sugar

PAM
1 lb pork tenderloin cut into 12 slices(I only used half of my whole pork tenderloin)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

In a small sauce pan heat oil and add shallots and garlic. Stir and let heat for two minutes on low. Add vinegar, sugar, rosemary and Dijon. Reduce the mixture to 1/2 cup.

 Heat a skillet over medium high heat coat with PAM and a tsp of EVOO. Add the pork and cook on each side about 2-3 minutes. Add the vinegar reduction and cook an additional minute turning the meat to coat it. I served it with rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment