Sunday, July 3, 2011

Tequila Lemon Chicken and Cous Cous

It has been so hot out you literally could fry an egg on the sidewalk. I have been looking for things to make on the grill. Of course I sent my hubby to brave the outside heat while I made sure the inside air was working! He came in about 25 minutes later saying he ran out of propane. Just in time though because he was cooking boneless Tequila lemon chicken breasts.

All I had to do was make the cous cous which took all of 5 minutes. Cous Cous is awesome because for a little dry grain you get a lot of finished product. You can also very the flavors by adding different veggies, garlic, or spices.
Note: I used boneless chicken breasts but this would taste awesome on a whole chicken or pieces

Tequila Lemon Chicken

Marinade

1 airline sized bottle of tequila or about a 1/3 cup (increase to 1/2 cup if using whole chicken)
1/4 c lemon juice
1 tsp tarragon
1 tsp rosemary
2 TBSP olive oil
salt and pepper
1 boneless chicken breast per person

I marinated my chicken for a few hours but you can also marinate over night. Cover with plastic wrap and stick in the fridge.  Grill boneless chicken breasts for 25 minutes or until no longer pink and juices run clear. Or you could bake at 425 for about 25-30 minutes.

Chicken Cous Cous

1 cup cous cous
1 cup chicken stock
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1 drop olive oil

Boil chicken stock with olive oil. Add cous cous and remove from heat giving it a stir. Cover and let sit 5 minutes. Remove lid and fluff with fork and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment