Monday, October 1, 2012

Taffy Apple Salad

I got this recipe from a girlfriend a few years back and it's something that I have to have every fall! I There are recipes out there that use eggs but I prefer this method. I got a huge bag of apples at Woodmans for .79! I am making a Dulce de leche cake today but will be making this and posting pics tomorrow.

Taffy Apple Salad

1 container cool whip 
1 small butterscotch pudding pack
3 lbs apples diced
1 tsp lemon juice (to keep apples from browning)
1 can crushed pineapple with juice
1 cup marsh mellows
1 cup roasted peanuts 

In a huge bowl add the apples and  toss in lemon juice. Add the pudding, crushed pineapple, and marshmallows. Stir and fold in the Cool whip. I used the fat free Cool whip and it still tastes great!  Cover and let sit for a few hours if you can in the fridge! Give a stir. Add the peanuts right before serving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment