Monday, October 8, 2012

Shrimp Fried Rice

Have left over pork chops, shrimp, or veggies and have no idea to make a meal? Why not make some fried rice? I made rice in my rice cooker the day before and cooled it down overnight in the fridge. Break the rice apart with your hands. I used about 3 cups of cooked rice. You can use frozen mixed veggies for this or cut your own veggies. I used baby carrots and onion and added a cup of frozen peas at the end. This literally comes together in a blink of an eye.


First I stir fried the veggies in about 2 TBSP oil until fork tender for about 5 minutes. I then removed the veggies to a paper plate, added about a TBSP more oil and fried the diced shrimp. Remove from frying pan. They turn from opaque to a nice pink. Next I added the rice and frozen peas and the rice. Also I added a few dashes of soy sauce. Fry the rice for 3 minutes or so. Next add the veggies and shrimp back in. Push the rice to one side and add a beaten egg. Fry until scrambled and fold into the rice. Add more soy sauce if you like.


No comments:

Post a Comment