Friday, October 5, 2012

Dulce De Leche Cake


"Mom can we have dessert?" That's the question that usually follows from my youngest daughter right after dinner. While we had dinner yesterday (crock pot BBQ ribs) I had a box cake baking in the oven. By the time we were done with dinner,  the cake was baked. I used a basic yellow cake for this recipe. I originally intended to frost the cake but there was no need to. After the cake cooled. I used a can of Dulce de Leche (if this is too sweet you can use sweetened condensed milk and then frost)  I found in the Hispanic section of our grocery store. To that I added about 1/4-1/2 cup milk and used a whisk to get the lumps out. I used the handle side of a butter knife to poke holes all over the cake and then poured the warm dulce de leche all over the cake. I also made it in a disposable pan so there was no clean up!

It was a sugar rush for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment