Sunday, March 6, 2011

Lazy Sunday Super Fast Breakfast Burritos

Sunday. To quote the Bangles "My I don't have to run day..."  I wanted to put together something today that would be fast. Sunday is our family breakfast together. Except my oldest doesn't want to get out of bed so more often than not it has been the three of us. This is what I put together this AM. Breakfast burritos with sausage, salsa, and cheese. You'll notice the paper plates. I hate to wash dishes. I have a wonderful hubby who works every other week. It's his turn to wash dishes this week lol! PS my hubby took these pics lol
4 eggs beaten
1/4 cup milk
6 soft tortilla shells
1/2 c salsa
1/2 c shredded cheese
1/2 tube Jimmy Deans sausage with sage browned and drained
1 TBSP butter
Pam

Brown and crumble the sausage in a small frying pan. Remove to a paper plate lined with paper towel to catch the grease. Place a spray or two of Pam and the butter in a large frying pan. Even though I use a nonstick pan I like to cover my bases! Combine eggs and milk gathering the eggs in the middle of the pan pulling from the sides and tilting the pan to coat the outsides. Once scrambled turn off heat and put to the side. I have a tortilla warmer that I put in the microwave for one minute but you can use paper towels and place the tortillas in between and warm for 45 sec. Set up an assembly line. Divide up the eggs for as many portions as you have. We made 6. Place eggs in tortilla, add pinch of cheese, 2 TBSP sausage, and a dash of salsa. Repeat and enjoy.
PS.
Southwest Egg Beaters are also very good in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment