Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Chicken and Puff Pastry Turnovers

I saw this recipe on the Today Show a few weeks ago. I finally got around to buying all the ingredients today. My grocery store didn't have the Gruyere cheese so I using Swiss. I made 8 of them or two per person.

                                   Chicken and Puff Pastry Turnovers

  • 2 sheets frozen puff pastry
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
  • 1 1/2 cups grated Gruyere (I am using shredded swiss)
  • 1/2 cup frozen peas
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • Dijon mustard
Preparation
Cut 2 sheets of thawed frozen puff pastry (one 17.25-ounce package) in half to form 4 rectangles.
Dividing evenly, top half of each rectangle with a mixture of 1½ cups shredded rotisserie chicken, 1½ cups grated Gruyere, and ½ cup frozen peas.
Seal the pastries and brush the tops with beaten egg.
Bake at 400 degrees F until golden, 20-25 minutes.
Serve with Dijon mustard.
Serving Size
Serves 4

No comments:

Post a Comment