Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Cheeseburger Salad

I saw this recipe either on Rachael Ray or on Foodnetwork.com for Cheeseburger salad a  few years ago.  I have adapted it to our own taste. Geez Rachael is a genius! Rach made hers with a mustard style dressing but I prefer to let my family choose their own.  Here's how I made it today. I made them on a Hamilton Beach indoor grill and they cook up in about 7 minutes.


1/2 lb ground beef (makes 8 mini cheeseburgers)
1 handful of bacon bits (I like Oscar Meyer natural bacon bits)
salt and pepper
1 head lettuce
8-10 pickles diced
2 Roma tomatoes diced
2 carrots sliced into coins
dressing of your choice
1 slice of Kraft American cheese divided

Combine the ground beef and bacon bits and form into small patties. Season with salt and pepper. Place on a indoor grill for 7 minutes or until cooked through. In the last minute place divided cheese onto each of the hamburgers.  Serve ontop of lettuce and add the toppings you enjoy. (serves 4)

No comments:

Post a Comment