Friday, November 2, 2012

Crock Pot Porcupine Meatballs and Mushroom Gravy

I made this right before I had to leave for school on Monday this week. Since I am at school 1-8 PM these days, I need to have something my hubby can easily make himself. Usually it's a crock pot meal. I love meatballs in general because they are so mess free to make in the oven. Add a easy sauce to them in the crock pot like this mushroom soup sauce, and you have a hot meal waiting for you when you get home.

This oven recipe for the meatballs saves you the mess of cleaning out a pan. I line a baking sheet with tin foil and it catches the grease. It also acts as a handy carrying agent to get your meatballs into the crock pot. You could use a Minute Rice with this, but I prefer to use cook long grained rice. A rice cooker is an awesome tool!

If you were baking the meatballs all the way through and then making the gravy via stove top, bake them through for 30-35 minutes until no longer pink. For this recipe. I browned them in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes.

Porcupine Meatballs in Mushroom Sauce

1 lb ground beef
1 cup long grain rice cooked and cooled
1 egg
salt and pepper
1 small can Campbell's cream of mushroom soup
1/2 can of milk poured into the mushroom can
1/2 cup water

Make the meatballs by adding the rice, egg, and salt and pepper.  Brown them in the oven on a tin foil lined sheet for 20 minutes. Add the water to the bottom of the crock pot. Mix the soup and milk and pour over the browned meatballs in the crock pot. Cook on high for 3 hours. Serve with the gravy over more cooked rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment