Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Let the Preparing Begin! Time for the Sides!

The fun began this morning. I had intended on going back to bed, it just wasn't meant to be! I started boiling the eggs for deviled eggs. I cannot make them up until tomorrow. They disappear! Next I started the cranberries. Once you go fresh, you will never go back to canned! (I do use the canned for New Years meatballs though)
start by making a simple syrup


I made a simple syrup with one cup water and one cup sugar. I stirred until the sugar was dissolved. I then added one half of a juiced orange and the rind along with the sorted and washed package of cranberries. Heat on medium low. You will hear the cranberries pop. Let reduce for 5 minutes giving it a stir every few minutes. I leave the orange rind in until the morning. It adds extra flavor. The cranberries will thicken as they cool. Cover and serve with the turkey.
It was now time to make the no bake Pumpkin Cheesecakes. Normally I would spend hours and hours baking pies but my daughter requested I make this recipe again. It's been a few years. It's as easy as pie:)  I doubled the recipe and emptied it into two store bought graham cracker pie crusts. 

No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake

2 packages reduced fat cream cheese
2 cups pumpkin puree
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
dash of cinnamon 
2 1/2 cups Lite Cool Whip 

Bring the cream cheese to room temperature. Add the pumpkin puree, sugar, and pumpkin pie spice. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Gently fold in the Cool-Whip and divide the servings between two pie shells. Refrigerate over night and serve topped with more Cool-Whip. 

Lastly this morning I made the orange fluff. This is the easiest recipe ever! The ingredients: 1 package orange Jell-o, one can of mandarin oranges drained, 1 container of large curd cottage cheese, 1 tub Cool -Whip. Mix the cottage cheese, Jell-o, and oranges together in a medium bowl. Gently fold in the Cool-Whip and refrigerate until serving time or overnight. 




No comments:

Post a Comment