Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Lunch at Mr. Webo's Bay View

I am pretty sure this is my next tattoo


Our little Bay View is becoming a food Mecca with restaurants like Cafe Lu Lu, Honey Pie, and Odd Duck,  and now  Mr. Webo's is the new must eat place. It's nested on the corner of Lincoln and KK or Howell Ave.  They got off to a late start today but our server was very apologetic. The first thing you are struck with are these huge "Dia de los Muertos" or "Day of the Dead" murals that are truly beautiful. I understand that they were made by a local tattoo artist.

We were the only ones in the place and started off with some chips and salsa. Our appetizer was a huge mound of nachos. The chips were freshly made and it was delicious!

We had a coupon and only were allowed to order dinner items. I went the ala carte route and had the enchilada and shredded pork Chimi.  Everything is made fresh and the server was telling me it takes three hours to make the sauce. It was a red sauce that is unlike any enchilada sauce I have every had. It had a kick to it and had me wanting to know how to make it.
My hubby went for the tacos. The plates are huge here! It came with beans and cilantro rice. The rice was a new spin on the traditional Spanish rice and a perfect match for the tacos.

The prices were reasonable and they had a fantastic lunch price for under $7.00. It's too bad we weren't able to take advantage of that pricing. However, I am sure we will be back! I can't wait to try the rest of the menu!

Something to note also is they deliver. I may take them up on that soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment