Saturday, May 25, 2013

My Graduation!


I finally did it! I graduated from college yesterday! Over 22 years ago, I graduated from high school and went directly to college. At that time I wanted to be a journalist. I was editor-in-chief of my high school newspaper for a few years and was convinced this was the field for me. I loved to be on the radio and interned at a local radio station.
At that time, I had room mates and that's where my love of cooking blossomed. I was always making some dish or other. Long story short, I lost my scholarship, and had to drop out of school. I thought my dream of finishing college was over.
my oldest daughter and I 

I worked a variety of retail management positions until I got married and had a family. Finally my kids were old enough for me to go back to school and find a field I wanted. I became a stem cell donor in 2009 and came to the realization I wanted to become a Phlebotomist. (blood sucker) I also would like to be a Nurse. (if I can make it through Chem this summer)
my youngest still has pneumonia and couldn't come

It's not been easy over the last year and a half but we made it! Our 15th wedding anniversary was on May 23rd and my graduation was yesterday and I had my first job interview this past week. I am excited about my career for the first time in a long time. I still hope to blog on my free time and try new things. The sky is the limit! It will be so nice to be able to have money lol

No comments:

Post a Comment