Monday, August 15, 2011

It's Black Bean Making Day and Shrimp Quesadillas

After 3 months I am at the bottom of my black bean bag. I got a huge 10lb bag for under a dollar on clearance. I use them in things such as salads, black bean burgers,  and burritos. Today I am making the last batch in the crock pot. I soak 2 cups of black beans over nite. I drain out the water and look for any bad beans I then throw them in the crock pot and cover with water to about 1 inch before the lid. I let them cook all day on low for about 8 hours. I drain them again and measure them out into one cup Zip locs. I freeze them and can defrost them in a cup of cold water any time I need them.

I found this yummy recipe last week. It has been one of the hottest summers here and I am always looking for lite fast meals. This one filled that void.

Shrimp and Monterrey Jack Open Faced Quesadillas

1 bag 100/200 count shrimp cooked and deveined
1 1/2 cup Monterrey Jack cheese
3 green onions whites only chopped
1 pkg white tortillas
2 TBSPs olive oil
2 tsp taco seasoning
salt and pepper
sour cream
avocado
lime
PAM

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Defrost shrimp in a bowl of cold water and drain. Add the olive oil and seasonings to the shrimp letting it set. Spray a baking sheet with PAM and lay the tortillas on it spreading about 1/4 cup of the cheese on each tortilla. Bake for 3 minutes or until cheese melts. Add about 1/4 cup shrimp on each tortilla and place back into oven for an additional 3 minutes. Serve with avocado, sour, cream, and lime.

No comments:

Post a Comment