Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Back to WW Day One Veggie Soup and Veggie Fried Rice

Yesterday I took the plunge and went back to Weight Watchers after a few year absence. I have a trip scheduled to Disney in 7 short weeks and am scared at heck of flying Southwest. I have always fit into the seats of Airtran and Delta but am scared I won't fit Southwest. So I am biting the bullet and trying to loose some weight and inches in the next few weeks. I have a 6 week boot camp I may start also. But I don't know if I am that crazy!

Today I made a huge batch of veggie soup. It's a very low point soup that keeps the hunger pangs away. They have changed up the program a bit in the last few years. I am on a huge number of points but I have managed to fill the void.

Tonight I made Veggie Stir Fried Rice. This was a meal for just me and the girls. I was supposed to be at a rum tasting tonight but my hubby scheduled his fantasy football meeting for tonight also. This is another example of how hubby's have selective hearing. The rice was delicious! It is a fast easy dish and you can add whatever veggies you have on hand. Here I used a can of green beans or you could add frozen mixed veggies.



Easy Veggie Fried Rice

2 Tbsp olive oil
2 large eggs beaten
1 cup carrots cut into coins
3 scallions chopped
3 cups cooked rice
1/2 cup frozen veggies like peas or mixed veggies
1/4 c soy sauce

Add the oil to a frying pan. Heat on medium high heat.

First fry the carrots and onions for about 3-5 minutes. The carrots should soften slightly. Remove from pan and add the rice and soy sauce. Add back in the veggies or mixed veggies and heat through. (This is where I added the green beans also) Heat through for about 5 minutes. Push rice to the side and add the beaten eggs. Use a spatula to scramble the eggs. When no longer runny stir into the rice. 4points for each 3/4 c. serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment