Saturday, August 27, 2011

Crock Pot Lasagna and the Neverending Walk

Yesterday my youngest daughter, my hubby, and I went for a walk through and around Schlitz Audubon Park. We had a map but got really lost and ended up walking about 5 miles total. It's great for my Weight Watchers. Today I am dog tired still but plan on taking my daughter to the park tomorrow to walk around.


Today was all about simplicity. I spent the day cleaning out my desk. I threw the lasagna in the crock pot by noon and we were eating by 5. This one is a keeper!


1 lb ground beef
1 small onion chopped
1 clove garlic minced
28 oz can of crushed tomatoes *you can also use spaghetti sauce
15oz can of tomato sauce
1  tsp salt
1 tsp oregano
1 cup part skim ricotta
1 egg
11/2 c part-skim mozzarella (I used taco cheese)
6 dry no bake lasagna noodles (I used Bertolli)
1/2 c. shredded Parmesan cheese

Brown beef and onion draining off fat as you go and breaking it up into small pieces. Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt, and oregano. Simmer for 5 minutes. In the crock pot put a small amount of the sauce and 3 of the lasagna noodles broken up. Stir the the ricotta, one egg, and one cup of mozzarella cheese. Lay some of the beef mixture over that and some of the ricotta cheese on top. Pour the remaining sauce and meat on top. Repeat the layers and set on low for 4-6 hours. combine the remaining 1/2 c of mozzarella and Parm and sprinkle over top layer. Put the lid back on and let it melt for about 10 minutes. Makes 6 servings 11 pts each.

No comments:

Post a Comment