Friday, January 21, 2011

Who Ya Calling Chicken?

We are crazy about chicken here! Not only is it economical, it's tasty and versatile. I have made crock pot meals three times this week. We usually go through a 3lb bag of boneless skinless chicken breasts a week. Last night I made this recipe I got off one of those Catalina coupons that you get at the register. It's for Pace orange picante chicken.

1 Tbsp veggie oil (omit if using crock pot)
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (or one per person)
2 cloves garlic
3/4 c Pace Picante sauce
2/4 c OJ
1 TBSP brown sugar
1 cup regular long grain rice prepared to package directions (makes about 3 cups)

Stove top directions
Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook 10 minutes or until well browned on both sides. Remove chicken from the skillet and reduce heat to medium. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir the picante sauce, OJ, and brown sugar and heat to a boil. Return the chicken to the skillet . Reduce heat to  low and cover an cook for 5 minutes. Or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve the chicken with the sauce over rice.

I placed everything in the crock pot and let it go on high for 4 hours. It was finished when I got home. My only disappointment is I didn't prepare more chicken breasts. The brand we got really shrunk up.

No comments:

Post a Comment