Sunday, January 9, 2011

"Easy Breakfast or Maybe Not!"

The plan this A.M. was to attempt poached eggs. Sandra Lee on "Semi-Homemade" made it look so easy. I dumped the eggs in the water and they separated all over. I was able to save one of them. The other too looked like yolks with a little white hanging on for life. We still ate them and they were good just not pretty.

At the same time I wanted to make something I am good at,  "Dirty Sausage gravy over biscuits."I fell in love with biscuits and gravy down at Disney. Sometimes I make this a breakfast for dinner meal. It's very filling and is served over store bought biscuits.(to save time)


1/2 Jimmy Dean sausage in the tube with Sage
1/4 flour
2 TBSP butter
1 tube biscuits (I prefer Grands)
2 c. Milk
Monterrey Steak seasoning (1tsp) (optional)
or Salt and Pepper to taste


Preheat oven to 400 or as to your package directions.
Brown 1/2 of the sausage in a frying pan. If not using a non stick pan add 2TBSP olive oil. Remove to a plate. Place biscuits in the oven and set timer to take them out.  In the same pan add butter and flour and scrape off the brown bits stuck to the pan. Brown flour about 2 minutes. Add milk whisking it in with the flour. Add the sausage back in. Continue to stir the gravy for about 3 minutes until thickened. Serve over browned biscuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment