Saturday, January 15, 2011

Lite and Easy Shrimp with Sugar Snap Peas

I started dieting on Wednesday. I had intended going to Weight Watchers but I mixed up the meeting days and missed it completely. That didn't detour me from starting my diet however. I will weigh myself next week and post the results if any. I am working on portion control. I have been eating off a smaller plate for a few years now but went to fill it up twice. Now I am trying measuring out portions and nixing the seconds.

This week I made buffalo chicken sloppy joes and tonight it was shrimp and snap peas over rice.

                                          Shrimp with Sugar Snap Peas
1/2 onion diced
2 carrots cut into circles
1/4 cup white wine
1 c chicken stock
1 bag frozen shrimp thawed (I am using precooked and removed the tails)
1/2 bag frozen sugar snap peas
2 tsp cornstarch
4 TBSP soy sauce (more to taste) reserve 2 TBSP
1 tsp grated ginger
2 tsp oil
1/4 cup warm water

prepared white rice (I use Riceland long grain rice)

serves 4.

In a small bowl mix cornstarch and warm water until dissolved. Add 2TBSP soy sauce.
In a frying pan add onions and carrots to heated oil. Stir until onions are translucent. Add wine and cook down for about 2-3 minutes. Add chicken stock and snap peas and warm through about 2 minutes. Add grated ginger and shrimp. Add remaining soy sauce.  Heat through another 2-3 minutes and serve over white  rice.

For my diet I had 1 c. rice and 1/2 c veggies and shrimp.

No comments:

Post a Comment