Thursday, December 12, 2013

Salted Fudge Pie

I saw a variation of this pie on facebook. The other one was a salted caramel pie using caramel Baileys but I used what I had on hand and made it fudge. It is basically a mousse pie. Yum! All you need is 6oz chocolate chips, a chocolate ready made pie crust, 8oz heavy whipping cream, 1 TBSP sugar 2oz. Baileys, Hershey's syrup and a sprinkle of sea salt for the topping. I made this for under $3.00.
Use an electric mixer to beat the cream and sugar into stiff peaks. Fold in the Bailey's. In a double boiler melt the chocolate. (Tip: make your own double boiler with a sauce pan filled half way with water and a glass bowl (bigger than the sauce pan) so it sits above the heat.) I also added a tsp of oil to make the chocolate more liquid. Let the chocolate cool slightly and fold into the whipped cream. Place in the chocolate pie crust and stick in the fridge for a few hours before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment