Friday, June 21, 2013

Review of Cobb Salad Pizza



I got this one in my in box from Myrecipes.com today and it was on my plate for dinner tonight, Cobb Salad Pizza. I changed a few things in the recipe but it still came out delicious! On top of that, I got my greens in too!

My grocery store has pre-made pizza dough in the frozen section. All I had to do was let it thaw and sit on the counter for an hour. I dusted my baking sheet with some corn meal and olive oil. On top of that I pressed out the dough which I had stretched out with my hand. I tried my best to pinch together any holes.

I baked it per the package directions at 425 degrees. I pulled the crust out of the oven after 8 minutes and added 1/4 c. blue cheese which I sprinkled all over the crust. The crust was removed from the oven after 2 more minutes and left to cool.

I used my indoor grill to grill 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts that I seasoned with salt and pepper.

In a large bowl, I made the salad which they said to use mixed greens but I used regular lettuce. It also
had grape tomatoes, a whole avocado diced, and 1/4 red onion diced.

The dressing was made with 1/4 cup olive oil 1 TBSP vinegar, 1 TBSP Dijon mustard, and 1/4 cup oil, a pinch of salt, and pepper.  To that I added 1/4 cup Oscar Meyer fresh bacon bits. I first tossed the chicken in it that I cut on the diagonal and then mixed it with the salad. The salad was then placed upon the crust and served immediately. All in all, I loved the taste and will make this again.


No comments:

Post a Comment