Thursday, June 20, 2013

Crock Pot Pork Carnita Corn Tacos

About a week ago I purchased this huge pork shoulder (picnic style) and ended up with three pretty big roasts. Today I threw one of those pork roasts into the crock pot and ended up making pork carnitas. Usually carnitas are a variation of different types of pork but I used what could be considered a pork shoulder. The pork itself was about 2 lbs. I seasoned it with sea salt and Cumin and add it with a little water in a crock pot. I added two chopped potatoes to it. You could also add veggies such as green beans.  It cooked all day for 8 hours on high.

I then removed the roast and pulled it apart with two forks. I  seasoned with two TBSP of taco seasoning and about 1/2 tsp. Adobo. On the stove, in a small amount of oil, I fried the corn tortillas on each side to warm them up and then drained them on paper towels. I served mine with my home made jalapenos, some pinto beans, and chicken rice.


No comments:

Post a Comment