Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pistachio Pesto Gnocchi

Some days you just don't feel like meat. Today I made Pistachio Pesto Gnocchi. Gnocchi are little potato dumplings. I bought mine from the grocery store made but you can also make them yourselves. I live in a cold winter climate and it isn't always easy to get fresh herbs. I made cilantro my major herb and then added some fresh basil leaves. This dish would also be great with some chicken added or I like to roast chicken with pesto on top also. Using pistachios is also cheaper than using pine nuts.

Pistachio Pesto

1 bunch cilantro
1 packet basil (sold by the salad section)
2 cloves garlic
1 8oz packet pistachio nuts shelled
4 oz. fresh parm cheese shredded
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tsp. salt and pepper
2 packages gnocchi

In a food processor pulse the garlic around first and then add the herbs. Pulse a few times.  Next add the pistachios and pulse 2-3 more times. Add the parm and then the oil through the feeder tube. Lastly season with salt and pepper. Boil the gnocchi and drain. Add the fresh pesto on top and mix. Serve immediately. 


No comments:

Post a Comment