Sunday, January 19, 2014

Cinnamon Sugar French Toast: Special Breakfast Day

I haven't been blogging for a while. On the 8th I slipped and fell at my school playground and tore a tendon in my knee. I have a MRI scheduled for tomorrow. It has also been my first weeks back to work since Christmas vacation and pretty hectic.

Sunday is the day we can all relax. I made Cinnamon sugar French Toast today. I used a really good sour dough bread from our local bakery. For the eggs I used two jumbo eggs and about 1/2 milk. I cut the bread into 1/2 inch pieces. Any thinner the bread will fall apart. I also used a huge frying pan. Mix the eggs and milk together and dip the bread slices you are about to fry in the egg. Only for a dunk on each side or the bread will fall apart.

Cinnamon Sugar: 1 cup sugar to 1 TBSP cinnamon. Store in a air tight container.


Heat a few TBSP oil in the frying pan and put no more than two slices in at a time. Let the toast fry for around 3 minutes per side or until the bread is cooked through. At the last minute I added cinnamon sugar and fried the pieces for another minute. This made a creme brulee crunch to the French toast. Serve with your favorite syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment