Saturday, December 15, 2012

Our First Fondue Experience

It was the absolute last day to use our Groupon for The Melting Pot. I have always wanted to go here and decided to celebrate my hubby's and my Birthdays. We are always incredibly early for everything and made it up to Brookfield a hour before our ressie. Luckily, the drinks were half price. Normally they run about $10.00. We were called pretty close to our 7:15PM time. Neither my hubby or I had ever fondued before. I am sorry we haven't.

The tables come with a electric burner in the middle. We started out with the Wisconsin Cheese and Beer fondue. The server brings the ingredients and makes the fondue table side. We were given veggies and bread to dip.
The fondue was delicious! We then ordered our entrees. My hubby had the Surf and Turf and I had the Surf and Turf plus chicken. The portions of the entree were smaller than I expected but they have to be small to cook fastly. We chose the Bourgionne style which was in canola oil. We were also given two different types of batter, veggies, and 6 types of dipping sauces.

The prices were very expensive. The cheese fondue was $16.00 for the two of us and our entrees were $23 and $25.00 each. We passed on the dessert.

I can see coming here on a special event. Overall we thought the experience was fun. It's just something we wouldn't do without a Groupon or discount of some type. This is also not a place you want to bring small children..

No comments:

Post a Comment