Sunday, May 27, 2012

Happy Sunday: Memorial Day Weekend Breakfast

This extended weekend is slated to be a hot one! I want to get in and out of the kitchen as quickly as possible. This recipe came across my computer from Allrecipes for Breakfast Muffins. I love the idea of portion control and the all in one method. In this bite you get eggs, sausage, pepper, onion, and a biscuit.  You can also change it up with different cheese or even jalapeno.

Here is the recipe:

1/2 tube breakfast sausage browned
1/8 cup onion diced
1/8 cup pepper diced (I used red)
3 eggs beaten (I ended up using 4)
3 TBSP milk (I ended up using 4)
1/2 cup cheese shredded (I used about 1/4 cup)

Preheat oven to 400.

Brown the sausage, pepper, and onion together. Drain on paper towels.  Spray PAM in each muffin tin. Place a biscuit in each and spread out with your fingers to line the muffin tin. It should stretch up the sides. Add a table spoon or two of the sausage mixture in each tin. Then add the egg to each cup. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a fork comes clean when inserted in the center.

No comments:

Post a Comment