Sunday, May 20, 2012

Our Night Out for our Anniversary on Groupon

Update: So sad this place went out of business. We really liked it here!
Ok, our anniversary isn't until the 23rd but when you have two kids you have to take time out when you can get it!  My hubs also has to work next week when we are supposed to be celebrating our 14th anniversary. We had a Groupon for Bunkers in West Allis, WI. They have a gourmet menu at great prices. http://www.classicbunkers.com/index.php?fish-chicken-steak-scallops-seafood-pasta-ribs-11 With our Groupon we were allowed to have one appetizer, two entrees, a wine tasting, and a dessert. It's tucked in among the business of Greenfield Ave. and we missed it the first time. The seating was the only problem. They have high backed stools and I was wearing Lycra style pants and could hardly keep myself on the chair.

For those of you that don't know about Groupon, here is the link http://www.groupon.com/r/uu1531594.

Bunkers' menu is really gourmet including things like pork belly. I have never had it so I stuck to what I know. It was Friday and we here in Wisconsin are known for our fish fry.

We started out with the Hawaiian style short ribs. They were boneless and were fall apart delicious. I may have to try to duplicate this one at home. Forgive the blurry pictures. My hubby took them with his phone.

I ordered the fish of the day. I chose the Mahi Mahi which came with new potatoes and grilled veggies like green beans, two scallops, and two shrimp. They were doused with a generous amount of olive oil. This would probably be the only thing I would change about the dish.

The people sitting next to us ordered the beer battered fish and it looked delicious! That might be something I have to order on the next visit.

My hubby chose the beef brisket which was served on Texas toast and came with haystack french fries and coleslaw. Once again the beef was very tender and fall apart moist.

They do also specialize in mixed drinks although we didn't partake in any we saw a couple share a flask of Sangria.

For our dessert I ordered the chocolate lava cake. Luckily I was able to eat this all by my lonesome. The inside was molten chocolate and came with ice cream on top. It was very rich but well worth it!

This seemed like more of adult hangout. It's right near Wisconsin State Fair in the heart of West Allis. It was a treat to eat here and I am glad we came across it on Groupon.

No comments:

Post a Comment