Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Don't Wanna Cook Greek Style Chicken and Bow tie Pasta

It is such a beautiful day today! I don't want to cook a lot today and am "resting" between grocery shopping and work. I put this meal together very quickly and it will be ready for me when I get home from work. It is a cold pasta salad with feta cheese, Greek olives, and chicken. It is also very versatile with what type of salad dressing you use and what veggies.  You can choose a Italian or Greek dressing or make your own. The chicken I grilled indoors on my Hamilton Beach grill.

Greek Chicken and Bow tie Pasta Salad
Greek Style Grilled Chicken and Bow tie Pasta

1 lb bow tie pasta cooked and washed with cold water
veggies of your choice
1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
1 container Crystal Farms feta cheese crumbles
1 jar Roland Greek black olives drained
1 tsp Greek seasoning (Milford spice Co)
1/4 cup salad dressing of your choice (I used Caesar dressing)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3 chicken breasts grilled and sliced

This is very easy to assemble. The chicken which is boneless, skinless, chicken breast can be grilled on my grill in less than 10 minutes. Once the pasta is cooled and drained add it to a large Thatsabowl or bowl of your choice. Add the tomatoes, olives, and feta cheese. Once the chicken is cooled add to the pasta. On top of that add the dressing and seasonings. Pasta tends to soak up dressing so you may have to add more before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment