Saturday, July 7, 2012

Where Have I Been? And Tequila Lime Chicken

I have been so busy with summer school and writing English literature papers, (3 more weeks to go of summer school) I haven't had time to blog. It also has been extremely hot here in Wisconsin. I have had my husband grilling out a lot! Who wants to cook indoors when it's roasting inside? Not me! This week we made Tequila lime chicken on the grill. I didn't happen to snap a pic but I am attaching the recipe. I also scored big at the grocery store in the clearance section. It looks like stuffed mushrooms, a pear crumble, and stuffed peppers are in our future.



I also took my little one Claire to her first concert yesterday, Big Time Rush. We love to watch the show on Nick together so I was pretty familiar with their songs. I know it's wrong for an almost 40 year old to find these guys cute, but I do in a Jacob/Twilight sort of way. Not a Mary Kay Letourneau  way. Anywhoo, the concert was great and Claire could hear it even though she had ear plugs in. 
It also happened to be my oldest Cassie's' Birthday. She is no longer a tween! Thank goodness! I have a few more years of this tween thing and then I am home free! Or that's what I tell myself! 
Well here is that Tequila Chicken Recipe I was telling you about. I love how easy it is and what a good flavor it gives the chicken. 


Tequila Chicken 


4 boneless skinless chicken breasts or one per person
1 airline size bottle of Tequila or about 2-3 oz. 
2 TBSP lime juice 


Combine the Tequila and lime juice in a baking pan. Add the chicken and marinate for 4 hours or over night. Remove from marinade and grill the chicken for about 7-10 minutes on each side or until the juices run clear. Serve with cous cous or Spanish rice. 





No comments:

Post a Comment